Saturday 1 January 2022

WHILE...

 .. it is dry here (at the moment) ,THIS...


..is the view of the sky from my bedroom window! It is actually getting darker as I type (it is only 1.12 pm so it is rain not the onset of night x) Good job I went for a walk earlier.

I was thinking about what projects/techniques I would like to tackle in this New Year .. and have come to the decision that I should FINISH OFF (sorry if that has given some of you chills!! lol x) some existing projects .. well, at least ONE !

So, that set me to thinking what I have lingering.. best not to list them all! I went and found this...


NOW! In 2013 I retired,  and at the time some of the girls I worked with made me patches with their names on... I  made Dresden Plate blocks and sewed the names on ... I THEN started to hand quilt the blocks.... well I didn't get too far before it was put in a bag..


.. and ,as it does, life took over and it has not been touched (let alone thought about) for some YEARS ..SO this morning I went looking , and now , I have it out and am TRYING to remember what I had planned to do with it!

Some of it is obvious.. and some is not! lol x It will be keeping me occupied .. at least for to-day x 

I will keep you up-dated on the progress. NOW that I have documented this I feel I will finish it x  I know why it was put away .. it is just a shame it has taken me so long to find it again x

Hope you have had a positive start to 2022 

Diane xx


Better later than never x

4 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Happy New Year, I hope you are well and ready for whatever 2022 throws at us. I hope it is all good.
Lovely to see you back in the Land of Blog, I am still to take the big step.
I look forward to seeing how your UFO progresses and, who knows, I might venture back into posting myself.
Jo x

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great project to choose to occupy your time! I am trying to continue working on projects until they are finished so I don't contribute to the pile that are already lingering! Happy New Year!

kiwikid said...

Nice to see a UFO coming out to be revisited. Will be interesting to see your progress. xx

loulee said...

Did you make progress?? Care to share??
No pressure. LOL