Thursday 6 January 2022

I Went To...

 ... the post box this morning ...OH MY GOODNESS! The temperature is showing as 2 degrees C. ,but the wind! Talk about blowing right through you!! It is bitter out there ...... I just notice that it has started raining and I am SURE there is some snow mixed in there!

A PERFECT day for getting snuggled up x

I want to try this...




I dont know if you can read that .. they take old clothing and re-cycle it into yarn .. what a great idea ... any thing to reduce waste and the amount that goes into landfill. 

My friend has sent it to me to try out .. and, as I approve of re-cycling when we can, I am going to have a go with it. It feels a bit like cotton to me.

During the first lock-down, I went back to crochet (remind me to tell you the story of why ).. and must get some pictures of the projects I still have to show you all. This year as part of my Christmas present ,my son gave me this book..


SO, I am going to have a go with the pink yarn. The younger grandchildren have been through the book .. and lets just say there are not many projects left that they DONOT want! lol x

I will let you know how I get on x

Stay warm and safe 

Diane x

5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

My dad's wife's daughter has crocheted many animals. . .she has done so many that she now creates her own patterns based on what is on someone's wish list! That recycled yarn is terrific. I hope you like working with it.

kiwikid said...

What a great idea with the recycling clothing into wool. I saw that on another blog but it was recycled denim. Will be interesting to see how you like it. Love the animal book.

Maria said...

Such a great idea to recycle ♻️ and made old clothes into yarn…
Looks like lots of fun crocheting 🧶 in that book.
Wonder what you’ll make first ?

loulee said...

What a lovely book. The little ones will keep you busy with requests. LOL

loulee said...

Forgot to say, my first big crochet project was with reclaimed denim. It had been turned into yarn. I made a huge blanket.