Saturday 8 January 2022

Cold And Wet..

 .. here today... YES the rain IS blowing sideways !! 


We had a small amount of snow the other day but it melted as quickly as it fell x Thank Goodness x

I thought I would see if I could find photos of some of the hats I have made over the last year .. ready for the cold and windy days x I found a few..





At least we will all have warm heads x lol x

The pink yarn was a good choice for the project I picked..



It works up, and feels a bit like cotton, it was a little "splitty", but once I got used to it it was fine. Will look out for more of it .There is plenty left for another toy x

She was my grandaughters first choice, and is now living at her house.

I also made this one, as my grandson wanted a bunny as well ..



This one made with Aran weight and so is bigger. He has a duck on his jumper because, when we were looking for button eyes, my grandson found the duck .. and insisted that bunny has a badge!! What can you do .... lol x

Sadly our quilt group meeting for January has been cancelled. The Covid numbers in our area are sky high, and the committee have reluctantly decided to cancel ... better SAFE than wish we had been is the best course x

Hope you are all staying safe x

Diane x

5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

When Mother Nature lets the rain come in sideways, I always wonder if Wind was pushing his boundaries! The bunnies are precious. I loved the story about the duck badge!

kiwikid said...

Wow the weather is wild in your area Diane. The hats you have made are gorgeous and the bunnies very cute. That knitted up quickly!

kiwikid said...

Forgot to say our Guild has the same dilemma for January, we cancelled meetings for most of last year because of restrictions and mask wearing, this year seems to be starting out the same.

Maria said...

Wild wet weather in your part of the world….
Lovely warm beanies and such cute bunnies…
It lovely your GS chose the duck badge….

loulee said...

Cute bunnies.
Stay home and stay safe.