Saturday 7 April 2012

SATURDAY

Today I made the second place-mat with the reject New-York-Beauty blocks. ...


Its funny, when they where to be made into a cushion.... I did not like this block, NOW , I have made them up and I think they are  much nicer.... I wonder if Sally and Blair will notice if they don't arrive in Australia? lol


The postman came while I was working on the place-mat. It was the second Modern-Mystery-Round-Robin block  from Madam Samn in Canada. Her way of addressing the envelope set me off laughing xx...


This is her block for me to work on...


I have 2 very different ideas of what I would like to do. It is hanging on my wall.... for inspiration and decisions to be made xx... Normally when working by hand I use this..


However tucked in with the block were these...


I will let you know how I go on with them..

By the way ,this is what Karen's block looks like now that I have finished it...


MEAN !! (lol) It will wait until the end of the month to be sent on for the next "round" to be added...

Keep smiling

Diane xx

8 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love the placements and I love Madamm Samm blog, she is always keeping everyone busy.

Maggi said...

The reject New York Beauties look fantastic as mats. Hope you enjoy the Thimble-Its. I tried them for my underneath finger but can't get on with them. I'm obviously a masochist who enjoys inflicting pain onto herself!

Pattypan said...

Hi Diane

they are gorgeous - why do you consider them rejects - look pretty good to me and love the colourway. For hand quilting I use a leather thimble with a hard top which helps with pushing the needle through and injured fingers.

Love them what a lovely pressie.

take care

Pattypan

x

Kelly said...

Love those placemats! I wouldn't send them anywhere ;-)

Judy said...

I love this block. The pillows are just lovely. How about a tutorial? I would love to know how to make this block. I have used a thimble for many years, from hemming skirts to hand quilting, it has helped save my fingers. I have 3 different sizes. Hope you like it.

quiltmania said...

Yes, you are mean! LOL! The placemats look great!

Ali Honey said...

I think you will like the thimble It. The blocks look good as mats, M' lady.

Michele said...

Ah, sneaky like me! Great.