Monday 31 October 2022

AT OUR….

 … Quilt group we have had an ongoing project for 2022 related to appliqué. The idea was to take an inspiration photo postcard or painting and make a piece… no bigger than A4, using appliqué.

I started one …. Then LIFE happened. My dad became ill and then died .. so all went on hold. When everything settled down and I returned to my project …. oh no ! I won’t say I hated it …. but !

SO.. an new inspiration picture was found…


… and I began again. THIS…


.. will be my entry for the completed piece. I am MUCH  happier with this one x 

I used raw edge appliqué to begin with, then layered organza over the top… this (hopefully !) gives the illusion of distance. Then I appliquéd over the top of this , adding beads and quilting stitches to add texture.

The entries are not due until the AGM in January .. but we all know the season that is RUSHING towards us !

Stay safe

Diane x

3 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so sorry about your dad. I'm glad that your project is helping with the healing.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I love your piece!!!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful piece for your project.