Tuesday 2 August 2022

WHILE. I HAVE…..

 … been off line I have spent quite a bit of time in the garden. Well, that is we have begun to turn the field around the house INTO a garden.

As we come through the front gate there is an area that is dry and sloping…. Ideal for alpines and rockery plants. SO, I set my minions (daughter and son-in-law) to work digging out weeds and rubble … they did a wonderful job ,including moving weeds,rubble,ivy and 2 rolls of barbed wire! They also found the remains of an old wall .

THEN  it was over to me to visit the garden centre to “find” some plants …. Let’s be honest …it was NOT a chore ! lol

 This is how it is looking today….






I need to get some more gravel to discourage the grass and weeds and some edging stones, , I am very happy with how it is coming along.

AND … it looks a LOT better when we turn into the gate.

More adventures in gardening soon.

Stay safe

Diane

3 comments:

loulee said...

Looking good. Do you hire out the minions? I could do with help keeping the weeds at bay.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic job the garden looks great, good to hear the minions work hard for you!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Looks like the perfect combinations and kudos to you for utilizing your resources to the fullest opportunity possible!