Sunday 1 December 2013

LAST NIGHT ....

.. was my second retirement "do" .. we had such a good time , LOTS of laughing and good times xx

I received MORE cards and presents..


and another balloon..


really I SHOULD have done this years ago!! Such fun times and presents xx I am now officially retired .. and have been given the job of organising the units "outings" for the next 12 months!! Even though I don't work there any more !! lol x

Two more squares came in ..


and more are promised x

MY VERY FAVOURITE GIFT was a poem especially written for me by a colleague .. I'm going to reproduce it  for you all to share ..

A funny scary special nurse
Wicked humour so perverse
Scary quips so very dry
Scrowling looks could make you cry
But when events become extreme
She'd take charge and calm the team
Tell the doctors what to do
OH hang on that's nothing new
But underneath the formal stare
A kind and caring heart lurks there
We know you think you hide it well
But we can see it we can tell
We really hope that you enjoy
your escape from this employ
Lots of time to mend and sew
Tend your garden watch it grow
Walk the dogs and see you kin
Lots of time to fit this in
So we slog on
Under duress
BUT YOU'VE SURVIVED THE NHS X

This was the only time I got close to crying xx

Hope you enjoyed it x

Diane x

11 comments:

mumasu said...

This is a lovely poem and so special for being written just for you. It's great that you're still included in things by doing the outings organising. Best of both worlds methinks!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

how lovely, especially the poem!

Carla said...

What a lovely poem. I think I would have been a mess

Amanda said...

What a lovely tribute. It sounds as if you'd have made a good teacher too; being able to use 'the look' is so important!

Maggi said...

What a lovely tribute to you.

SharynB said...

Glad you had such a fun time - and what a wonderful poem, especially for you!

Julie Fukuda said...

Way cool!!!

Janet said...

Really special! I suspect your "retirement" will be a busy time.

Indianna said...

Enjoy...you'll soon wonder how you had time to go to work!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great poem..........

Ali Honey said...

What a great poem! Good luck from here on for the next 50 years or so. Time will rush by - I know -so enjoy!