Wednesday 24 July 2013

TODAY IS AN EXCITING DAY...

...because I have finished my latest rota and can get back to "sewing life".. and particularly Blair's Blocks xx ... AND... it is the BIG REVEAL for the Modern-Mini-Round-Robin organised by Michelle at www.quiltsfrommycrayonbox.blogspot.com

I started off in January with this little block ..


and NOW I have this STUNNING wall hanging..


This is my fav so far of the R R I have done x

 

I have used minimal quilting to let the wonderful inventive borders speak for them selves x..

 
 

I am waiting for the next round now .. mm wonder what centre block I can come up with for next time xx

I included a scrap fabric and asked the ladies to sign it as they completed their border.. I now have a unique label for my quilt ..

 

LOVE IT .. thanks to all the ladies in my group x

Keep smiling

Diane x

11 comments:

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

I really like the way the applique border in the middle offsets the more traditional borders without overpowering anything. Good-looking quilt!

SpartanBabe said...

WOW! That turned out fun :o) I had a little bit of nerves sending it off - I had fun doing my border (rounded ends - based off pattern called "London Tube") but was a little scared of what would happen to the finished piece with it - it was round and your center block was squared. BUT, you made it work - andit looks like Christmas ornaments with that stitching in it :o) Thanks for participating with us, I had a blast!!!

Karen said...

I love it! This will look awesome on your wall.

beaquilter said...

totally forgot about this one :-) it looks great

Carol said...

Great quilt. Darn I should have gotten a signature block...live and learn:)

quiltmania said...

What a wonderful Round Robin. Great job everyone!

Janet said...

A wonderful finished piece! I love your label idea.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

what a great top, well done to all!

Maggi said...

Wow you are lucky. Your label idea was a special touch.

Michele said...

This one turned out great. I'm glad you had fun and of course I know that your name will be on a round robin list in the future.

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

These colors were so imaginative! I really like your decorative stitching. And thank you for the fish inspired gift you sent! That was so thoughtful!