Friday 20 July 2018

DESPITE..

… life being busy.. as usual!!… I have managed some sewing this week x …. AND IF FEELS GOOD ….to be able to say that x

Some of you may remember that last Christmas Congleton Quilt group had a block raffle and I was "unfortunate" enough to win some of them!! Well.. while trying to find something else I found the blocks in a bag!! 

I was going to put them back .. BUT .. I thought if I did that I would most probably forget them again until the week/day before the meeting when they are to be returned having been required to make "something" with them !! …. and then I would be saying "why didn't I work on them at that time "!!

SO... YESTERDAY I spent some time layering and tacking..





…. then to-day I quilted and added a little inner border.. Ta-Da..




I now have "something" made with the blocks x It took a little "inventive" (ie. fudging ) piecing to get 3 blocks of different sizes to fit together, they were SUPPOSED to be 12.5 inches.. well that didn't happen!

I also spent time layering the single bed sized quilt that I am making as part of Sandbach Quilt groups "year of making a quilt" . It is destined for my granddaughter .. but I am not going to get time to quilt it just yet. Not to worry , the hard work of layering and tacking is DONE xx




I hope you all find time and a project that makes you happy x

Diane x

4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Way to go with making a "something" with blocks that weren't the same size. . .they look like they are the same size! The tacking and basting part of the quilt process is my second least favorite part of the process--this is behind choosing the fabrics! :) Great to see your progress!

loulee said...

You have been productive. Love the table runner you made from the blocks.

kiwikid said...

Well done with those blocks, the table runner is beautiful. It is always a challenge when you get blocks from various sources, I find it enough of a challenge to get my own blocks the right sizes!! The quilt for your grand daughter is beautiful, she will be one very happy young lady!!

Chookyblue...... said...

The blocks look good in the runner....