Saturday 27 January 2018

DO YOU FIND....

... that for a few hours AFTER your computer/laptop.. whatever!.. updates everything seems to take longer ? ! It drives me crazy!

Hey-Ho !! Its a third world moan/problem .. and I am sure there are far worse things to moan about xx lol x

My mum has started a new "treatment" for her cancer .. I say treatment because there is no cure for her. It is now all about keeping the symptoms under control for as long as possible. She has had the first session .. and so far so good x ... we go back in two weeks .. and see from there x

SO... as there was to be a fair amount of "waiting" time for me a new project was needed..... this one caught my eye..


......it is by a New Zealand designer and I thought I would give it a go. NOW.. saying I am making this does NOT mean that the pattern is being followed exactly... mmm why would it!! lol x

It is designed for double knit with one colour .. SO I am using 4ply. with 2 colours....


LOOK designers give us the blue print to then follow OR use as a springboard to our own ideas xx lol x 

It is a lovely easy knit and is flowing off the needles ... I used up to this much..


... of the first 100 g. then started looking at the knit on edge pattern... I decided I want a deeper border .. and so I have changed it to a Van Dyke style ...


..not showing to  well as yet.. needs to be washed and blocked and then it will show nicely x

The wool is another of my birthday presents from last year, it is named Granny Weatherwax ... who is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE Terry Pratchett characters... EVER... I identify with her on so many levels lol x.. I am loving it for so many reasons x

On my side I have been discharged from the fracture clinic HURRAY.. but still have to attend Physio... cant have it all x... I know ..KEEP THAT ARM STRAIGHT!!

Hope your week has been productive x

Diane x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne hurray you have been discharged from the fracture clinc i am still going with my ankle,hope your arm is going ok. I love your new project the wool is such a pretty colour xx

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The depth of the blue in that wool. . .it is sooooo pretty! I like how you change the pattern and I like the deeper border on the edge. I hope the treatment will help your mom so that she will be able to do what she wants for as long as possible. Yep. . .those exercises get old; but oh they are so important. Keep it up. . .straighten that arm!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

good luck to your Mum.......we have just been down that track with a family member and it is a difficult and worrying time............

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you have been discharged from the fracture clinic....are you keeping that arm straight? 😆😆😆 Sorry couldn't resist!! That is a beautiful shawl pattern and yes they are a guide and your creativity can take off from there. Great colours you are using. Hope all goes well with your Mum and she copes with her treatment and it keeps the cancer at bay. Thank goodness you have the knitting to fill in the waiting time.

Mandy Currie said...

Hello Diane, glad you've been discharged from the fracture clinic and that you are on the mend. This shawl pattern is gorgeous, I'm not a great knitter but have made a jumper and a couple of cardigans so I would like to know where to look to get shawl patterns like this. We haven't got a haberdashery or wool shop anywhere near us. So suggestions online would be a big help. Your work is beautiful and I love the colours you are using. I do hope the treatment helps your Mum, I will keep her in my prayers.