Monday 18 December 2017

YOU KNOW THE SAYING.......

....... things go in 3's ?

WELL... I am here to prove that is true x

FIRST off ... I came home to find the remote sensor on the central heating boiler had turned off the radiators! I didn't know it was that at the time of course! My lovely plumber fixed it for me xx

SECOND off... I put the key in the door...


....and it snapped off! WHAT!!!!

THIRD .. last and final !!........ l took Gus for a walk .. slipped on wet leaves NOT ice as I kept being told.. I was there!! I know it was wet leaves !!! now...


....... its not a great photo I'm afraid .. but I am not very skilled with one hand .....yet!!

A "normal" person would break their wrist .. simple just a cast and wait for the healing... ME? OH NO... I dislocated the elbow ... AND .. have a break above that!!!! so, reduction of the dislocation .. a back-slab to begin with .. fracture clinic when the swelling goes down and THEN a full cast!

I do-not (as far as I know) have a worst enemy ..and I am not by any means a wimp .....BUT I would not wish that pain on ANY-ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hey-Ho .. on a wonderful note James arrived safe and sound .. SOOOO lovely to give him a hug xx 

hope you are all safe and well xx

Diane xx


10 comments:

Janice Smith said...

Oh, Diane, i am so very sorry to see this photo. I thought I hadi it bad as my heating system has been out since Sunday morning. The repairman is supposed to be coming soon (Monday) afternoon. It has been very, very, very cold in my house . . . Brrrrrrrrrr! But compared to the pain I know you must be in, I’ll take my situation.

So glad your grandson arrived safely. Hopefully that will make you feel a bit better..

Janice

Vireya said...

Ouch! That is not fun. I hope the pain will subside soon and the healing will be quick.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Yikes! That was an awful set of occurrences! May you heal quickly. Being one handed isn't fun. Thanks goodness James is home for a visit!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Sorry to hear about your fall & pain. I know you don't like to stay put but rest is important at the moment.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh no! What a rubbish week - but so much better now that your lad is back! Is this just a visit?

Julie Fukuda said...

Hey, I thought it was good things to come in threes. But then again, it hasn't been that case here either, A week and a half ago I slipped on wet stairs at the train station and landed on my elbow. It still works but really hurts and I have not been to the clinic because even if it is not broken, that dr. would find some kind of treatment that I would end up going there every day.One good thing about being a lefty. Get well quick!

Ali Honey said...

Oooh Not good. try and be patient,and I hope the pain subsides.

Janet said...

So sorry to hear about your injuries! Especially right before Christmas. I hope it heals soon and that you get well pampered over the holidays!

kiwikid said...

Oh Diane, what a week for you! I hope the pain has subsided...the family will have to look after you this Christmas, good t hear your grandson arrived ok. Enjoy Christmas and New Year with him. And watch out for those wet leaves!!

Blair said...

never do anything the easy way mother in law dearest

speedy recovery

and listen to what the nurses tell you