Thursday 9 February 2012

plans for today

Welcome to Richard who is joining us here as the latest follower...hopefully he will stay a while and find something he wants to read xx

I had a wonderful...and long sleep last night, and, when I woke up I was ready with plans to work on the wedding quilt.

HOWEVER .... while I was out with the dogs I got thinking about this months project. When James came for tea yesterday he made a comment about Sally hating bugs. Now , I may have mentioned (cough!!) that she is in Australia!! Her biggest concern, before she went , was spiders NOW she is there she has developed a HATRED of bugs...specifically cockroaches....so


This bag is what I made today...


The bugs are outside


AND inside...


They have antenna that MOVE...


AND I used VIOLET .....come on its me ....there has to be some GREEN 


It was great fun to make ....and soon will be winging its way to her xx

Keep smiling

Diane xx

10 comments:

Josie said...

Am I missing something here.... Sally HATES bugs so you are sending her a bug bag. Was she a difficult child by chance? :o)

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Wah green only lasted a month and I missed the end (I have pinned you to my bloglist now!). I like your insects a lot hope they are appreciated at the other end - at least they are big enough they should be able to frighten off any real bugs :) I am plotting making myself a mini quilt along the idea of the pouch I made with NO PINK.........

quiltmania said...

You are just so mean! LOL!

Diane-crewe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard Healey said...

I love the bug bag. My little girl keeps telling me I should make her a bag. Wonder if she wants it full of bugs?

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
Make sure you stop by and put your guess in my quilt givaway by guessing my babys B-day or Birth Weight.

Mina said...

Love the bugs. Did you make that from a pattern?

Karen O said...

Can't believe you did that! If she hates bugs....
It will be a good laugh, if nothing else! They really are amazing in design.

Annabelle said...

The bugs are creepy! How nice to have a man follower! xx

Maggi said...

You are so naughty. It's a lovely bag though.

Sarah Lou said...

Very creepy crawlies there! I think the antenna are the best part bit.