Monday 27 February 2012

I KNOW....but !!

I KNOW I should be working on the wedding quilt! I KNOW I have a time limit on it! I KNOW I want to do some hand quilting on it. I KNOW I cannot do that until I finish the machine work........

                                       BUT

when I had my THINKING day last week , I spent part of the time thinking about the panel and fabric that Joan gave me .... if you missed it ...Joan from Congleton quilt group was having a sort out,and, because she seems to think I don't have enough... fabric or things to do!!... she gave me this fabric...


and this panel...


WELL I have been cutting out squares and making half square triangles..




You may notice there are A LOT..

They have slowly become pinwheels...



THEN I started thinking about it ...AND ...decided they are not really what I want to do!! SCREAM!!

SO. to day I knuckled down ,and, made the quilt top..


 now I have a lot of pinwheels....and more pinned together to make even more!! Never mind I will finish them and make something else...later!



I am soo pleased with it xx

I had some spare fabric from that which I used for the wedding quilt, I pieced this, and, I have my backing ,I am going to get some wadding from Congleton quilt group on Tuesday night (they sell it to raise money for the group xx)

SO.... now I will have some tea and MAYBE do some work on the wedding quilt...whatever I am a happy bunny xx

Keep smiling

Diane xx

6 comments:

Anne said...

It looks great, and that is so something I would do if I had lots of projects running to a deadline, start something new!

quiltmania said...

The panel quilt looks wonderful!

Shaz@Alshas said...

you have really been busy. It's a real adrenaline rush when your running out of time to finsh a project isn't it? Exactly what I am doing - something else!

Kelly said...

Very cute! Love the pinwheels :)

Annabelle said...

Bit early for Halloween? The orange always looks like pumkins to me! Get on with that wedding quilt! xx

PJ said...

I love it. You should always work on what you are excited about. Then you'll be ready to work on the wedding quilt.