Monday 12 December 2011

OTHER PROJECT

I'm sorry Amanda..we just did not love A Christmas Carol as much as you obviously do!!

Our other project is a "project-of-the-month", it has to be project as Sally does not sew. So we came up with a list of themes and a main colour for each month. The size chosen is A4...in any direction,so, the project can be 2 or 3 D, depending on personal choice. For me also, it cannot just be a simple block...each month, we have to do something to challenge or push us out of our comfort zone!! 

Sally tells me her December project will be an origami piece made from an A4 sheet of paper.

If you want to join in ....please do. December 31st is when it should be made for. December's project is to reflect new beginnings, and the main colour is white.

This is my background fabric..


I kept thinking about stepping stones, so my pattern is...


I decided the colours should reflect a rainbow....and be like a path..


I foundation pieced the pattern....


I think the first orange "stone" is a bit ambiguous and could be going in ANY direction..






I have really enjoyed making this...waiting to see what Sally produces now.

Keep smiling

Diane xx

4 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love the way this came out! I even love the background fabric. So pretty!

Pat Merkle said...

Love it! I like how the black edges merge, great perspective. I've been wanting to do something like that, maybe after the first of the year.

Judy said...

Diane, I'm a little envious of all your wonderful work and the time you get. You are an inspiration to me. I hope next year I will get more done. Keep up all your wonderful projects because it keeps me motivated. This project above is beautiful, something I'd dream of doing. I love the curves with the shapes inside with the backing fabric. Keep up your wonderful work!

Michelle C said...

Did you freehand that pattern? It's gorgeous! I don't have a lot of experience with foundation piecing (just one circle of geese block) - but is is really as simple as draw pattern/sew pattern? You'd have to keep all the lines straight, right? I'm pretty excited to see this! Great work!