Sunday 18 December 2011

DINNER TODAY

OOOHH! Maggie, you have tempted the gods of Fate now!!!! I will be watching the forecast to see if they where listening xx lol

I had the grandsons last night (it MUST be Christmas party time again XX), so...we went to the pictures. Arthur Christmas this time. I LOVED IT!! I was expecting to be bored, but was prepared to put up with it!! It was actually a good film...one I will be getting on DVD ,the boys loved it too...even Josh, who at 8...and 3 quarters (VERY important!!) is OK with "little kids" films! Fun night.

Remember this pile of fabric etc?


Well it has become ...this....


Which has now been attached to ...this


It is (or will be ) the 2010 T-Q-S block of the month. It looks a bit odd because, it is pinned to another quilt so that I could take this picture for you!! I started...stopped, started again..stopped...get the picture? I decided I should at least try and finish piecing the THING before New Year!! Mind you I will still have to layer, and quilt it!! But I will feel better about it if it is at least a completed top! lol x

Do you have projects you want to complete before the end of the year?...GOOD LUCK!!

(in the mean time) keep smiling

Diane xx

9 comments:

Anne said...

I love that quilt! The colours in it are really attention-grabbing.

Thanks for the movie recommendation. It's hard finding something that all my kids (aged between 2 and nearly 9) will enjoy.

Amanda said...

The quilt looks lovely. Will you be doing the 2012 TQS BOM?

Pat Merkle said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm anxious to see how you quilt it.

Maggi said...

Well done for getting this far with the BOM. I faltered after the first month and actually gave the block away to Ritzy! I would just like to get ANYTHING finished before the end of the year!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I just had to tell you how beautiful your quilt is! Looks gorgeous. I would want to finish it soon too! Take your time! It looks great!

Kleep said...

That border really gives your quilt some oomph (if a quilt can have that?!). I too have a quilt I'm trying to finish before then end of 2011, actually, before Christmas!! It's not a gift...just a Christmas quilt :-)

Shaz said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt - well done, and it does look lovely

Shaz
alshasspace.blogspot.com

Annabelle said...

Quilting blocks and grandchildren too! As it is school hols - and my three g/c are off I will be decended on and get NOTHING done. Maybe try the film?

Jane in Cumbria said...

That really looks beautiful!
Jane