Wednesday 18 January 2012

quilt group

Last night was quilt group in Congleton. It was paying dues night...catching up on all the gossip from Christmas and New Year xx AND of course a cup of tea .

The main part of the evening was a sale of members goods. LOTS of bargains to be had. I cannot go to the fabric sale in Nantwich on Sunday...SO .... I thought I would spend some of my money there xx

These are the bargains I got...(notice some GREEN fabric)


The Christmas fabrics are to make a little quilt...this is the panel


I am back at work tonight, so, it will either be a bit each evening...or.. work on it when I finish next week.

The reason for wanting to get it done is that Joan, who sold it to me, issued a challenge that while it has sat in her stash for a couple of years ,I should aim to have it done by next meeting!! I am going to give it a go!! IT WILL BE VERY BASIC! But, I am sure it will be done lol x

Keep smiling

Diane xx

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Those panels are a great way to practise machine quilting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Ola said...

Good luck with your challenge! x

quiltmania said...

Cute little panel. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting it done!

Annabelle said...

Quilt groups sound wonderful for friendship with like minded crafters and also for inspiration - but oh ... the pressure! Good Luck with all that.