Tuesday 19 August 2014

THE LAST SWAP...

... for August has been the Stash block .. there has been a delay because this months queen had a last minute family event. So ... here is my last swap for this month..


went in the post yesterday .

I was given some blocks to make a Linus quilt ... (it is Sandbach Quilt Group charity for 2014 and they will be delivered later in the year x)....



I made them up into an alphabet quilt ..



and used the fleece I got in the sale at Abakhan for the back ..


some of the blocks are a real mixture of words .. not sure where she got them from .. OR how long she had them .. "maturing" !! .....


how many K words can you find? ... I got ... kangaroo .. kerchief .. kebab ..ketchup.. kettle .. kitchen 

I was struggling for a while until I realised that .. for some reason there is NO letter W !!

I also used this In my daughters Facebook challenge page     as the word for this month is ANIMAL ( www.facebook.com/groups/523396684453442 )

It is pouring down here so .. off to sew I go xx Its a tough life being retired xx lol x

Diane x

6 comments:

Maggi said...

A very cute Linus quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

I've never seen that alphabet print but the setting fabric is very familiar. The result is darling.

SharynB said...

I just love the X and + block, I've not heard it called a stash block before, but it certainly is! I must get on with my "animal" for the challenge!

kiwikid said...

Great quilt - I want to say kordial but I realise it is spelt with a c...and anyway that is most likely the ketchup or tomato sauce as we say here!!
xx

Michele said...

Yes your life sure is tough these days. LOL I'm looking forward to that tough life myself someday but that day is a long way off.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

You got more Ks than I did! Well done