Sunday 20 September 2015

YESTERDAY WAS....

.... Area day for Region 13 of the Quilters Guild ... when I got up the fog was NOT GOOD!!!!!... having debated on and off for about an hour .. I eventually decided to chance it...


...as I was going past Jodrell Bank I had to take it on faith that there where all those thumping great telescopes to my left  .. as all I could see was a small bit of road in front of me!!! However I was really glad I did go ... isn't it the way that when you DO stir your stumps and go .. its fun and worth the effort!...

ANYWAY... the speaker was Anja Townrow ...


I ALWAYS enjoy her talks x I was VERY good and did not buy any more patterns as I already have some of hers that I haven't done yet.. and to be honest the fabrics were much the same as I have ... NOT tempted even!!!  ... but then I have it in mind that I will be looking for .. and buying ....wallpaper for the front room x

The flock grew ...


I was asked to make another one...




which has already gone to its new home xx ... and I hear is much loved xx I did not have to buy wool as it was left over from the panda/kangaroo that is now living in Australia !!... I am doing VERY well with the .. use up what you have .. efforts this year x Mind you I have so much STUFF hiding in my craft room I will have to live a LONG time to use it all .... which suits me xx

I have just been decorating a cake ..(well throwing stuff at the top anyway lol )..


...it is for my oldest grandson who has done well at school this last week x His choice is ALWAYS chocolate cake xx

Diane x

6 comments:

Dotty's Daughter said...

That lamb looks so cute especially in the change nappy position!!! Glad you had a safe journey...fog scares me, ice too!!! Xx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Cuddly toys and cake - great combo!

mammafairy said...

Cake looks yummy!

Sue Wild said...

What a lovely family of bears! Anya is a very good speaker and she has so mayn't quilts to show. I heard her talk year before last and wished I could take a workshop,

kiwikid said...

Love the sheep!!! Looks like and interesting talk and show you went to, well done for braving the fog!! That cake looks really yum!!!

Maggi said...

Anja is always entertaining. Well done for being restrained.

You do realise that, as your lovely flock grows, you are going to need a sheepdog to keep them under control!