Sunday 13 September 2015

I KNEW THAT....

... to make the final block in the Quiet Play B-O-T-M I would need a chunk of time .. and NO interruptions .. well it did not happen on Friday .. but I was determined that Saturday would be the day !

I shut myself away and managed to finish xx YA xx This ..


is my final block x This has been an interesting  learning experience x Some I would make again . OTHERS.... NEVER EVER AGAIN!! lol x It was mostly fun NOW it is done xx I have it layered up ..


and ready for me to think about the quilting. I have used this fabric for the back...


I DID have a minor interruption when the Postman called. He brought me an unexpected ... and lovely package. You may remember I made the bag with the sheep..


for a knitter friend.. well look what I got in return..



The bags at the back have a selection of teas x mmm WOW I am VERY happy x I LOVE these stitch markers...


This lovely wool..


has now become ...






I had such fun making this lamb... and he is staying with ME!! Grandchildren keep off! The band said it was DK but it felt a bit thin ... so I used both balls at once ... and I really like the colours it made in the finished lamb ... it totally change the look of the colours.lol x

 The spicy tea has been tried .. and it is very nice .. yet to try the others ... mmm might just go and have another cup x

Diane x

9 comments:

mammafairy said...

It seems, not only have you a private zoo going on, but a private farm as well! Great makes!

Dotty's Daughter said...

Lamb is cute but the patchwork amazing..clever you. Enjoy your parcel you deserve it. Maria xx

Indianna said...

I love your zoo ... It takes ages to make them too. The wool is just perfect too, looks like he's got a trendy hoodie on x

Vireya said...

Wow, you got Mr Lion done quickly! All your animals look wonderful together.

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, it is the year of the sheep so the lamb is well placed.
Nice zoo you have there

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Love your PP zoo! And the goodie bag looks fab, worth being interrupted for!

Kimberley said...

adore the quilt! And the sheep is perfect too - orange is my favourite colour!

kiwikid said...

Love the latest block Diane!!Well done! Love love love the lamb!!!! How cute is that!! Very nice tea selection too!

Maggi said...

I think your lion looks very handsome and no wonder you're not letting the lamb go anywhere!.