Wednesday 9 September 2015

I LOVE...

... Autumn .. the weather has gone cool at night .. so sleep is easier. The rain has stopped .. at least for a couple of days .. and the sun is out in the day ..AH! Bliss x ....AND to add to that the colours in the trees and plants .. AH xx

Yesterday was my parents 64th wedding anniversary .. we actually went out for dinner on Sunday ... BUT there has to be cake ...


none left now though x

It was the beginning of the Autumn/winter Quilt group meetings yesterday with Congleton ...cake again.. and chat and tea AND catch-up chat xx We also got the next instalments of the mini B-O-T-M ...


.....now you will have spotted I only have 7 not 8 ... well one of the patterns is a repeat of one of the July blocks .. so I want to check if it is a mistake ... and we are missing a block ...OR are we really to make this one twice .... I left a message and am waiting for a reply before I make the last one x

I have printed out the last Quiet Play pattern (lion) for the B-O-T-M ... maybe I will get time to make it on Friday.

Every year I buy or make my mum a toy for Christmas ... she never had a teddy as a child and would tell (moan ) us when we were younger ... SO ....





this is this years offering xx I made it with Aran weight so it is a bit bigger than the others x Fun to do it a bit different x

Thursday is Sandbach Quilt group meeting ... its all go here xx lol x

Hope you are all having a good time x

Diane x

4 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I'm still too hot at night, but that's more to do with my age than with the weather!!!

JoZart Designs said...

Huge congratulations to your dear Mum & Dad. How wonderful that they hare celebrating such a big anniversary. Lovely to hear about your Mum never having a teddy as a child... Me Too!!! I ended up getting a Build a Bear for my 70th birthday last year when I took one of my grandees for her's. The shop GAVE it to me when they found I'd never had a teddy and I would be 70.
Jo x

kiwikid said...

Congratulations to your Mum and Dad!! The cake looks amazing!! Love the toy for your Mum..perfect!! I had a golly when I was young made by my grandmother....my mother chucked it out when I was about 20 (she didn't like it or my grandmother sadly) but Dad bought me another one when I was in my 40's!! Never too old for a toy that has very happy memories!! Or for that matter one that creates new memories! The blocks you have made look wonderful! Hope autumn isn't setting in too soon!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Sun here too. I noticed the spider-lilies are coming up. They are supposed to be a sign of the start of fall but they must know something I don't.
(Probably the length of day-light rather than temperatures.