Wednesday 23 September 2015

I AM...

.... continuing with the ..Getting Ready .. sewing by making a few Tree ornaments...


...you may remember there was a duplicate block in the miniature B-O-T-M patterns and while we are waiting for it to be sorted I thought I would use a couple of the blocks .. for something else xx

It was quilt group in Congleton last night ... it was try something new night .. and we decorated bags with stencils..


.....not necessarily my best effort .. but it is going to be OK to keep in my shopping bag as an "extra" ... esp. as the supermarkets will stop giving away free bags in a couple of weeks

You may remember that my friend is going to be 50 later this year .. WELL.. I have been thinking of "special" presents for this BIG birthday... she LOVES pink and sparkly .. so I thought I would knit her something with that sort of wool.... just like fabric .. you get what you pay for .. so before I use the "GOOD" stuff I decided to have a practice run ... you know me I do that with my fabric projects just the same xx

NOW...

 

I have made my first ever shawl , and I am VERY proud of myself lol x It is blocking and drying at the moment. I learned some "new stuff" with this one .. including how to do a TAB cast-on and a purl 2 tog cast off .. so I'm glad I had a practice first.

NOW to wind the sparkly stuff into a ball and ... away to go xx.. watch this space x

Hope your weather is dryer than ours right now xx.... off to look at wallpaper.. wish me luck !!

Diane x

10 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love your shawl and yes you should be proud.

quiltmania said...

The shawl is beautiful. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the "good" stuff.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Clever you..lovely pattern. I hate choosing paint and paper...and I love shopping!'


barbara woods said...

love that shawl and the bag

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lots of fab creative stuff!

JoZart Designs said...

Wondering if you received my googlemail message ... and wondering if you are going on Sunday?
Love Jo x

SharynB said...

I just love the shawl that you have knitted - very good for a first!! Will look gorgeous all sparkly!! Well done...

kiwikid said...

That shawl is beautiful Diane well done!! Can't wait to see the pink sparkly one! Your Xmas decorations are beautiful. Fine sunny warm weather here....off for a walk along the beach soon.

Sue Wild said...

Love the shawl, you did really well. May Seem a bit early for Christmas but there's 80 days to go!

Maggi said...

Cute ornaments and the shawl is lovely.