Friday 11 September 2015

WE HAD A SPEAKER...

... at Sandbach Quilt group last night . We were beginning to get .. just a bit !! ... nervous when she didn't arrive!! Especially as we had heard there had been a smash on the motorway .. and nothing heard from her! HOWEVER with FIVE minutes to go ... she arrived xx Yay xx

It was a wonderful night ..


Maureen was informative, and funny .. and such an engaging speaker xx AND she found a "volunteer" in the audience to help out..


of course there was cake and tea .. and cake as well x

I finished my dads Christmas slip over..



so that him sorted x I was NOT going to make anything knitted for my oldest grandson ... THEN during the (ongoing!!!) sorting out of the craft room I "found" a bag of ......more than .. enough wool to make him something ...SO..


.. well he still likes .. and more importantly uses/wears ... what I make ...SO I will keep going until he says NO MORE xx lol x

Another lovely day here to-day .. don't know why we bother with summer and all the rain!! lol x Told you Autumn is my favourite xx

Diane x

5 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Maureen is great and such good fun and I can well imagine the talk she gave to your group. BTW, I've joined one of her classes! Can't wait to start.
Meant to to ask you when & where the sale of work is for Hope. I'm here in Ross on Wye and one of my friends here supports Hope and would love to attend.... me too. If you could send a message I could let her know whilst we are together at this reunion.
Thanks Diane,
Jo x

Julie Fukuda said...

Looks like an interesting presentation to me. (Of course I have never belonged to such a quilt group so any chance would be fun) I'm not sure your creative juices need much more stirring. Yes, I love Autumn too.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

How fab that some children appreciate hand made!

Vireya said...

Autumn is my favourite season, too, but today I'm enjoying a beautiful Spring day after a cold wet winter.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It is a treasure when loved ones actually wear/use what you create for them!! Those loved ones are extra special!