Sunday 13 March 2016

FIRST OFF THIS MORNING...

... is my entry for Alsha's Photo word challenge 2016... (www.alshasspace.blogspot.com )the word for this week is ..ice cream.. this immediately makes me think of days out at the sea-side ..and as my dad is in my thoughts a lot at the moment I am going with..


this was taken a couple of years ago in Prestatyn xx A lovely memory x

Yesterday I went off to Frodsham for The Quilters Guild Regional day .. we are in Region 13. The theme of the day was dying and using that in quilts.. it was a GREAT day my favourite was the lady in the afternoon who was using the cyanotype technique ..STUNNING she is very interested in Ernest Shackleton ..well obsessed actually x She has made quilts by transposing old photo negatives from his epic journey ..again STUNNING .. off the top of my head I know her name was Cathy !! I will look it up and let you know x

There is always a small display of members quilts and these were 2 of my favourites...



I have been going to Regional days twice a year for 16 years .. I always buy raffle tickets .. and NEVER get a sniff at a prize.. well yesterday was different! I won a prize wooooo-hoooooo ..


...it is not easy to see ...but it is a blank canvas all ready to be creative on xx Thinking cap on xx

I tried VERY hard to resist the allure of the fabric .. I failed BUT I only bought 2 small pieces and I know I will use them ..sometime xx lol x



My journey takes me partly through Delamere forest .... it was raining on the way home ..AND I must have been in a receptive mood because with the rain and the overcast sky and the sodden branches it was easy to see why the Celts and Tolkien for that matter thought trees have personalities and can move!! lol x time for a cuppa I feel x

Have a great day.. Im having my Sunday dinner cooked for me .. and I wont have to wash the pots either xx

Diane x

5 comments:

Gina said...

Great pics. Have fun with your canvas. Have you thought about mounting a quilt over it. I had one mounted professionally over canvas and it's a great effect xx

kiwikid said...

Great ice cream photo.....the photo of your Dad on the side of your blog eating an icecream always makes me smile!! He looks cheeky!! Looks like you had a good time out...some beautiful quilts there...and you were very restrained with your fabric purchases!!! Well done on your win!! Congratulations!! I can understand what you say about the trees, forests like that are very atmospheric!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The ice cream photo is priceless! The quilts were beautiful and I liked your purchases. . .especially the spider web fabric. As for the blank canvas, how fun! Congratulations on being a winner!!! I look forward to seeing you fill it in!--Terry

Janet said...

Love your ice cream photo! Your dad must have loved it -eating two at a time. :) My father-in-law watched his weight a bit but he said that ice cream was one of the food groups so he couldn't skip it.

Hilachas said...

Beautiful photo of your Dad and ice cream. Thanks for sharing.