Sunday 19 July 2015

THIS MORNING ...

.... the sun was shining ..... SO .... I went and got the parents and off to North Wales we went xx

NOW as you know I really HAVE TO get some buttons for my Aran jacket ..


well I found a few!!  I KNOW they are different sizes .. and colours BUT..



I managed to find some that fit x (the top picture is much closer to the correct colour)

.....AND Christmas is coming and I need some fabric for the backing  on a project I have in mind..


......AND if I am going to get some Christmas knitting projects done I need to start NOW..



....AND when the shade is called LIPSTICK ..  it MUST have my name on it somewhere!..



...it would have been criminal to leave it behind xx

The weather was beautiful .. so we sat outside for dinner ..



overlooking one of the MANY craft supply areas ...


.. can you see that lovely blue sky ? I LOVE Abakhan (www.abakhan.co.uk ) .... and there is some money left in my purse xx AH! When can we go back again xx lol x

Diane x

11 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Looks like my kind of a day out and I too love Abakhan. I've been going there since they first opened. Look like M&D are enjoying their day out too ... and the goodies! love the fabric and yarns.
Jo x

Mad about Craft said...

I also love Abakhan!

mammafairy said...

I thought I recognised Abakhan!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh dear Christmas is really coming isn't it.......lol I've been a little distracted to notice! Thanks for the reminder!

Jeneta said...

What a lovely day! I don't think I could have gone home without those owl buttons either!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Owl buttons! too good to pass up.

kiwikid said...

What a great day out Diane!! Love the buttons, they are perfect for your jacket...buttons always come in handy...good to have a collection! Nice wool too...more animals coming?? So nice to see your Dad and Mum out and about and eating!! Always love the icecream picture on your side bar....makes me think of that!!

Maggi said...

Those buttons are just so lovely. It certainly looks like you're set up for the next few months with fabric and yarn too. I've never been too Abakhan but have always heard good things about it.

Unknown said...

Hi there Diane, I hope you don't mind my comment. My wife is always ranting about your work. She has mentioned how she would like some of those cute little mice you made in your previous Blog. If you have a direct contact could I get in touch and pay you to make her some? We live in Winsford so I wouldn't mind collecting them. She would be made up! Also while im here if I could ask you add my blog to your blogroll? Kind regards
John
www.oakwoodenergygroup.co.uk

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Are you having mismatched buttons? I love that effect. Lots like a great day out!

Gina said...

OO Abakhan. I haven't been there for quite a while. I'm coming up to Chester in October, I wonder if I can persuade the hubby to detour along the coast road