Friday 3 July 2015

I MANAGED .....

..... to get some sewing done to-day... Woooo-Hoooo x

I made Jo's swap block for July...


that is going in the post in the morning x

I also made my Christmas Swap Block from last month into a cushion ..



(the pictures are dark here .. hope you can see x)

We have a Do-Your-Own-Thing day tomorrow ...organised by Congleton Quilt group .. and I have put my bags ready to go ... I always take a variety of things to do ...  I usually manage a bit of sewing in between the talking ,tea drinking, talking and laughter xx .... LOVE these days x

I printed off the Quiet Play pattern for this month .. its a koala this time .. but am not taking it as I need to CONCENTRATE .. and that just might be a bit difficult xx lol x

Many of you will know that I wage a WAR against snails in my garden... WELL .. I decided to see if I could like them a little better if they were FUN...




NOPE!! Still don't like them .. and they are NOT..


.... welcome!!

Hope you all have a good weekend x

Diane x

10 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

You'll need a big bag of salt to squeegee that one!
Now you've got to admit it will make a lovely cuddly for a child so don't dismiss it... and I love the colour.
Love my next block and look forward to getting it.
Jo x

JoZart Designs said...

Really I typed squidge.... predictive text drives me mad! Jo x

kiwikid said...

Love the snail....not my ideal residents in the garden...hey they must have made their way back over the wall!!! Lol!!! The block you made is wonderful! Love the cushion too!! You have been busy!!

Vireya said...

Very cute snail!

I haven't got beyond laying out some fabrics to see if I like them for my koala. I'm glad there's a whole month before the next one arrives.

Julie Fukuda said...

My garden gets all our egg shells to discourage slugs and snails. Sometimes I see them in the street walking around the outside of the garden. Can't say they are a favorite critter here either.

mammafairy said...

I am sure that snails have a place in creation... just not in my garden! But perhaps we would miss them if we had none?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Good work Diane...mmmm, snails, I feel rather the same about then!

CathyC said...

great cushion Diane :) please share with the FB group what you have made with your christmas swap block :)

Maggi said...

Lovely blocks. Your snail would definitely not be welcome here!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I like *your* snail