Thursday 2 July 2015

I HAVE TO....

....STOP .. saying what I am going to do!!

You may remember I said I had some sewing time today... WELL .. I did have a BIT of time .. but nothing like as much as I thought I would!!

The reason for the LACK is that I had to visit the garage .. unexpectedly!.. because I had not ONE.. oh no who wants to be normal and predictable !!... but TWO nails in my back tyre!!... oh yes x... its a good job I am trying to use stash and not buy fabric as the budget for this month (and mostly next month too) would be ZERO!!...

Hey-Ho at least I can drive around safely xx

I did get some sewing in .. I made a bag...


because the giraffe is going to James (grandson in Perth) and needs a home xx..



I was talking to him (James) on Skype ...on Tuesday and he chose the fabric for the bag x

Next year Congleton Quilt group will be having a show .. and a raffle quilt will be needed .. so last week we were given the fabric and pattern. I decided to make a trial block ...and my Christmas block swap partner for this time wanted blue and traditional ... so Pat is getting 2 blocks ...

 

they will be in the post tomorrow .

Then I made the raffle quilt block..


HOPEFULLY tomorrow I will be able to find the time to sew some more xx Fingers crossed x

Diane xx

4 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Well it looks like you have been very productive to me and lovely stuff too! That giraffe has a long trip ahead.
Guess who will be coming to the show next year too? We'll get a visit together from our quilt group! Be warned.
Jo x

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

It must be contagious- I had a nail in my tyre this week too! Hope you get some sewing time!

kiwikid said...

Boy!!! You do not do things by halves do you!!!! Hope that is your nail in tyre ration for this year! Giraffe bag is lovely...I am sure it will be much loved. Your blocks are great!! Will make a wonderful raffle quilt.

Maggi said...

What a pain, new tyres are so expensive these days. I wonder if the recent work on your street has left behind some nails? It's a good job that you have plenty in your knitting and sewing stash that you can work with. Love the blocks and the giraffe looks very happy in the bag.