Wednesday 29 July 2015

I HAVE ..

.. made 2 more cushion covers towards the Christmas pile ...


it is growing nicely .. if a bit precariously xx lol x


...AND the sorting of the craft room ... stalled again! HOWEVER this time when I opened the bag I DID remember the project xx I was going to make a little bag as a Christmas present .... LAST YEAR!! SO... I set too and a bag has been made..

 
 

...it will do for this year xx AND there were 2 little presents in the project bag ready to go into the bag when made xx WIN .. WIN xx

The Postman called this morning and brought me the pattern and fabric for the August Brit Bee swap block ..


this one will be done a LOT quicker than the last one !! lol x

Remember the stripy jumper? well, as predicted Sally loved it .. so I found a ball ...


and a co-ordinating ball..


which resulted in a LOT LESS ends to sew in ..

 

....and a jumper was made x NOW as a good patch worker/knitter would I am collecting ALL the bits and making another one ..

 

... just the second sleeve to finish ....and yes ... there will be LOTS of ends to sew in as there are MANY bits of wool being used up xx BUT there will be a tiny teeny space in the craft room xx lol x.... by the way the sun came out for half an hour so I took advantage of it and got some pictures that are pretty good .. colourwise x

Diane x

8 comments:

barbara woods said...

love your pillow covers, i think i have one thing made for this coming Christmas. Going to have to get started!

Julie Fukuda said...

The pillow pile is amazing. I have a sketch of that swoon block and it's on my list of patterns to try. The sweater is just great with that combination of yarn.

Chookyblue...... said...

the pillows look great......

Gina said...

Love the pillow tower. I don't do many cushions for the house as Stan my lab claims them. I'm with you on the cleaning/tidying of the sewing room. I need to do mine but whenever I get in there I just end up sewing and making more mess

kiwikid said...

Love the pillow pile...good block for you to do next,,the little jumpers are lovely, this baby will be the best dressed ever!! The sorting can wait...little jumpers and cushions are much more interesting!! By the way the rain is back here, and hail...has the sun come back to you??

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh, the Brit bee block looks fab! You won't need a Christmas tree this year - you can just decorate your cushion pile!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love that precarious pile of cushions lol! What a sweet little jumper....

Michele said...

You certainly are getting lots done. Retirement has been very productive for you. :)