Monday 29 June 2015

WITH THANKS ...

... to all who voted .. the winner of the mini competition at www.blacksheepwools.com was Jo .. who I swap blocks with each month xx She made the bright and cheerful bag x

You know when you only have a small amount of thread and you sew faster? WELL it seems that when you only have a small amount of wool left you KNIT faster too! I found a ball that that had some used from it .. wasn't sure how much.. but thought there would be enough left for a first size cardigan ... I was making the bands as it was running out!!..


as you can see I had just enough ... and NO worries about the button holes this time ... because I forgot to put in .......ANY !!!! ...


I was too worried about running out of wool!!!!!! lol x I have to go and see the nice lady on the wool stall on the market to get some more for animals and baby cardigans xx

I received this ..



beautiful block from my June swap partner It is just so lovely I will have to make it into a special cushion x

When I was searching for fabric last week I found some small zips .. they are only 4 inches... so I have begun to make some little purses for the stall... I made one with wadding but it was a bit too thick ..


so then I made some with out ...


and they are much better. They are the ones I will go with I think.

I spent AGES thinking about ... and then eventually writing the pattern for the July fund raising idea for Sandbach Quilt group .. but NOW its done and all the packs are ready to go ... PHEW!! I think it was the relief of having that done that lead to the rather strange (for me!!) colour choices I made for this months mini blocks..


either that or I was inhaling "funny" smells!! .. AH! its been a funny old week xx lol x

Diane x

4 comments:

mammafairy said...

Oh, who wants buttons on a first size cardi anyway! Too fiddly by half for those babies! Lovely rainbow yarn!

You are on a right knitting kick!

How on earth did you ever find time to work before? You are unstoppable!

xx

kiwikid said...

Gorgeous cardy...buttons are fiddly, the snaps you have put on are so much easier....the little pouches are very cute...love the owl block...can see that cushion on your couch for Christmas!! Great colourful blocks.

Maggi said...

Button holes are overrated anyway! The owl is so cute and I definitely would not have recognised the colour choices as yours, but they work well.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a sweet little cardi Diane....love those colours!