Wednesday 3 June 2015

DO YOU FIND THAT.....

...... when "people" find that you sew they give you bags of various sizes containing ...... various fabrics!!! This happened to me at the weekend........

.........IF I am very lucky one of these bags might contain "some" useful pieces ... well this happened and I found a pre-made block (the bag was from a fellow quilter) that I used this morning ....

I found some backing fabric in  "THE STASH" and some beaded edging in a drawer!! NOW I have ..


..... this will go for the stall that Sandbach Quilt group are having to raise funds for Hope House (childrens Hospice) ... I might just take it and wave it under the nose of the quilter who gave it to me !! mm wonder if she will want to buy it back xx lol x

That is all the sewing that has gone on here x I HAVE however been busy with my knitting .. I am making a jacket for my son for Christmas .. at 6ft 7ins ... and a swimmer for most of his childhood ...he is rather longer than most people ESPECIALLY his arms ... I feel as if I have been knitting the sleeves FOREVER!!!!!!!!

 

However I have now reached the decreasing YAAAAAY xx Things are looking good x

Diane x

6 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Yes my heart sinks when I hear "you like sewing don't you ". Occasionally there is a treat (like yours) but often it's rubbish!

Jeneta said...

Yes - wave it under her nose!! Your knitting is beautiful. I'm guessing you will need A LOT of balls of wool for the entire jacket!

Julie Fukuda said...

Well done!
and I have to admit I have gorilla arms and I am more than a foot shorter than that. I think I remember my mother complaining.

SharynB said...

Your pillow is fabulous Diane, and I don't think that I would have the patience to knit for your tall son!! I'm sure that the owner of your pillow block will want to buy it!

kiwikid said...

That hasn't happened to me but I live in hope...although a lady did bring a bag of ties to group today and asked who wanted them...guess who brought home 5!!!! Oh dear!!! The cushion looks fantastic,I am sure the original owner of the block will be wanting it back!! Boy that is a labour of love knitting for your son...such long arms!!!

Maggi said...

More lovely knitting. I find it very easy to say no to cast offs as I just say that I only use my own hand-dyed fabric!