Friday 24 October 2014

EVERY YEAR....

... at Congleton Quilt Group we are given a Christmas challenge. EVERY year we get a piece of ribbon, a piece of fabric, a bow and a button..... THIS year .. because of "moaning" ....... although it was called expressing an opinion by one lady (much more refined! lol ) Our Gallant Leader announced there would be a change xx cheers and whoops from the gallery followed ..


YEP.. we get a red bead INSTEAD of a button!!! Hey-Ho !! Need to find some inspiration!! lol x

Yesterday the Post Man called ... now you know that's not unusual (just burst into Tom Jones there!.. good job you cant hear me destroying that song ! lol x)..... BUT I am not expecting anything! I had such a lovely surprise xx He brought a box .. from Jersey.. that contained ...


I was happy all day .. and this morning I find myself smiling every time I look at them xx

A friend of mine is going through repeat cancer treatment and I have been there for her when she calls.. only in a small way .. x .. and SHE sent them xx I was NOT expecting them ..which makes them even more special .. she has been having it rough just recently .. so even more special .. but so typical that she is thinking of others in the midst of her own suffering .. makes me feel very small and humble xx AND happy too xx... its a funny old world x AND I love it x

Diane x

5 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Enjoy your flowers you deserve them.

Jeneta said...

Haha - that's hilarious. I guess the red bead caters for those that didn't want change (they can treat the bead exactly like a button!) whilst also 'ticking the box' for those that wanted something different. I'm not overwhelmed with ideas at the moment, but will pass on any inspiration I may have. Red bead...I can't stop chuckling to myself!

What a lovely friend you are, and have.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I wish I hadn't read that about the bead while I had a mouthful of coffee! (I think the phone will recover, lol! My street cred at the mot centre waiting room may not!!!) what a lovely friend- you obviously do more that you realise x

Michele said...

Good luck with the challenge.

Maggi said...

I had to laugh at the bead! What a special person your friend is to be able to show her appreciation of all you do for her at this difficult time