Thursday 6 June 2013

DO YOU REMEMBER....

... that I had the chance to be a patten tester? Well I made my test blocks .. and turned them into a bag... and I made my blocks .. and sewed them to-gether into a top ... now I usually avoid any block that requires lots of points to be (NOT) matched up.. because I am NOT good at doing the matching x There again I am not a perfectionist ... and I don't mind un matched points .. even chopped off points don't worry me xx

GOOD JOB!! Because there was a fair old few chopped off points xx lol xx... HEY that's what embellishments are for ... covering up is their job!!

I do .. occasionally .. push myself out of my comfort zone xx the kicking and screaming can be painful... but .. Hey-Ho xx

I allso got fed up and did not complete the border as it was on the pattern but went for MY version... want to see what I did ?

Ta-Da..


Hope you can rise to a challenge and step out of your comfort zone xx

Keep smiling

Diane xx

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks absolutely great, missing points or no!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

wow, thats fab

Julie Fukuda said...

I can never say anything about point issues after once trying to make corners match by machine. It looks fine to me!

Karen said...

It is a very pretty quilt. I love your fabric choices.

Maggi said...

Gorgeous end result.