Wednesday 24 February 2016

LAST NIGHT...

... was Quilt group in Congleton, there was an ...on the night make .. which I have done before (at Sandbach) and didn't want to do again...SO I took along the quilt for the oldest grandson.. and got 3 sides of the border sewn down.. a good night x

This morning I finished sewing it down..


.. he can have it when I pick him up from school on Friday.. and the one for the youngest grandson..


is ready to get parceled up and go on its journey to Australia

ALSO last night I purchased my FIRST fabric in 2016...


we HAVE to support our local fabric shop now don't we?!!  I have another test pattern to do .. and these will be used in that ... so Im not really adding to the stash xx .. works for me!

I have been sewing the last couple of days.. with some of these fabrics...


which are for a swap..


NO peeking until my partner gets the parcel .. she is in New Zealand so you will have to be patient!! lol x 

I finished the purple shawl...





and was not going to make the same pattern AGAIN!!.. but I have this beautiful DK wool that has all my favourite colours and... 2016 is my year to use up all the stuff .. and....



...ah well!!!!!

Hope you find something to make you smile to-day xx

Diane x

8 comments:

Janice Smith said...

My goodness . . . You have been very busy!

Janet said...

Congrats on TWO quilt finishes. I love your fabric purchases and a beautiful shawl!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Great creations! Well done xxx

kiwikid said...

Well done on the two quilt finishes...the grandsons will love them!! Your swap parcels look interesting...as does your mystery work there!! That is pretty good to get to this time of the year and just be buying fabric...I have already had several purchases!! Keeping the shops going too though! Lol!! Another beautiful shawl finished...you just cant resist amother one huh!!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your grandsons are going to be over the moon with their quilts! Well done! Purple is a favorite color of mine. . .right after red and that shawl is wonderful. I have to admit that I like the yellow start too!!!--Terry

Julie Fukuda said...

Yep, I am smiling at your next knitting project. Wish my yarn was being used up as fast.

SharynB said...

You are going well to have the two grandsons quilts finished, I'm sure they will both love them!

Your beautiful purple shawl, that's one of my favourite colours - smashing!

Maggi said...

Don't you just love the look of folded quilts, there's something very comforting about them.