Friday 15 January 2016

THEY MADE IT...

... home safe and sound .. such a LOOOOOOOOOONG journey for them xx The little man was wonderful by all accounts .. there were quite a few other families with little ones on the plane and so no-one minded about the odd cranky episode x They all need to get over the jet-lag now before "normality" strikes on Monday morning xx lol x

I finished the top...


I am only putting one border on as I have a space it will fit into .. that's the beauty of a Victorian terrace with lots of odd-shaped bits of wall! lol x The pattern has 2 .. but then it is only a guide and having read through it there were no problems to report back with x I enjoy these test makes as very often they are patterns I normally would not make..... and its fun to be one of the first to .. have a go x I have to think about the quilting now.

I need to get some wadding as I used up most of the big..ish pieces with the Christmas makes 

Have a good day ... and try to find something that makes you smile .. or better still laugh at xx

Diane x

9 comments:

Maria said...

You've had a wonderful time with your family but good to know they are home safe gain...
Lovely flimsy.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your quilt is beautiful and always good to hear your family arrived home safe after their travels

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful finish and well worth channelling your hands and mind into. It must be a relief to know the precious gang is safe.
Jo x

Lorraine said...

Lovely quilt Diane, Glad they got home safely. Lx

Dotty's Daughter said...

Wonderful they are home safe and had a good journey...love the sewing xx

kiwikid said...

So good to hear the family are home safe...that flimsy is lovely Diane. ..great to be the first to make things!! Have sewing with friends today, guaranteed a laugh!!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt....glad the family is home safe..........

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That top is great! Glad the family arrived home safe. Jet lag is the worst part of any trip!--Terry

Maggi said...

So glad that they arrived safely, a weight off your mind. I like what you have done with the test pattern and you reminded me that my waddling, along with all my Misty Fuse, inadvertently ended up in my storage unit when I moved house in December. I think I need to go and have a ferret around and bring them back home with me.