Sunday 27 April 2014

YESTERDAY WAS....

... Do-Your-Own-Thing-Day for Congleton Quilt group ... we meet in a hall that I would say was built in 70s and is not the prettiest building ... BUT our view across the road is another matter...




it is a beautiful building and such a contrast x No wedding yesterday .. but the sun shone all day and it was lovely to see some shadows at last xx

I finished this quilt ..


it is going to the Linus collection that Sandbach Quilt group are organising this year. The back is my favourite...


it is fleece and soooooo soft xx

Some of you may remember that I made some blocks for the Queensland drought effort... well the quilts made have raised just short of $1000 !! So more blocks have been requested .. here are mine..


in the post x

I also worked on a quilt for my friend who has just welcomed her first grandchild into the world .. little boy .. Austin .. weighs in at 8-14 .. so NOT SO little x It is not finished so you will have to wait to see that one x

When I got home this was on the mat waiting for me..


a little light reading xx

Just to finish a little bit of colour from the garden ..




it is just SO exciting to see colour coming back after a wet grey winter xx

Have fun to-day

Diane x

6 comments:

mumasu said...

I do like those daisies, I think they look like little floral pom-poms. I've not backed a quilt with fleece yet, is it hard to do the quilting on?

kiwikid said...

Love the old church photos Diane, your quilt is lovely, I like fleece on the back, it is so soft and cuddly. Good on you for making the blocks for the drought fundraising!!
xx

quiltmania said...

Such a beautiful view, it must be hard to concentrate on your quilting! LOL. I know the view didn't stop you.

SharynB said...

Lovely fleecy baby quilt, and the scenery pictures are interesting!

Carla said...

Such a gorgeous building! I ,love all the heritage buildings you folks have.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lots of lovely things to look at ! Lovely quilt, and perfect fleece backing!