Wednesday 10 October 2018

TIME..

.. has once again slipped away from me .. but I am still here .. I promise xx lol x

Since I last spoke to you all I have once again been made a grandma (that makes 4 boys and 1 girl x) x My daughter (in Australia) had a .. not so .. little boy x He weighed 9 POUNDS and 6 ozs…. no idea what that is in metric!.. but BIG in any language x So far the reports are that he is content, a good feeder AND a good sleeper x 

I asked his brother what he though of the new baby.. the answer? … GRANDMA  !..... I am fixing the wheel on this trolley!.. well that told me!

There was already some knitting on the go for the big brother .. so some extra was done for the little one ..






… they are for next winter .. as they are coming into spring now x... bit more stash used up too.

At Congleton quilt group we had a sewing evening and made..



.. a slightly bow-legged fairy xx lol x

This week we were sewing an art project ,.. but I forgot my camera .. so that will have to come later when we do the next part. I CAN however show you what I came home with ..


.. free to a good home x lol x I stewed them this am .. yummy x

I finished the 5 gold rings..


and I don't mind the slightly wonky look now x It feels good to be ahead of myself this year.

Our local Linus Quilt representative was telling us that she is getting plenty of baby and small child quilts and not so many for older children/teenagers … so I went to the scrap bag and have started a top..



I am "thinking" about what to do with it next x

The garden still has some colour  despite some decidedly "sharp" mornings..

 






My mum has been at the hospital again .. she is to have her cataracts removed..OH MY! We will all be in for it when she can see better! lol x 

Hope you are all well .. we are in the midst of flu jabs and dire warnings of storms and cold weather here xx AH! Winter is coming x

Diane x

8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on the newest grandson! Goodness, he is a big baby!!! Your sweaters are lovely and I bet the apples were tasty too! Best wishes to your mom. I hope the surgery goes well.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on the newest arrival! Your knitting is beautiful Diane, the boys will be well dressed for the Canberra winter. Still some lovely colour in your garden, not much fun to be heading into another cold winter! The fairy is very cute even if she is bowlegged 😆😆 the Christmas quilt looks wonderful, looking forward to seeing what you do with the new quilt. Best wishes to your Mum, I hope the surgery goes well.

Janice Smith said...

Congratulations, Grandma! He and his brother will no doubt look adorable in these sweaters.
Our weather in New England has been crazy with today setting a record for warmth. It won’t last as cooler more normal weather is on the way.
Wishing you mom all the best.

Maria said...

Congrates to all on the arrival of the new Bub. Great cardis you knotted for next winter .
Such a good idea to set the fence and rail on point to make the quilt for older ones. Looks fantastic.
Lots of pretties in your garden.
Hope all went well with mums op.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another grandchild...what joy. I enjoy my two grandsons here very much. You have some lovely projects on the go too. Beautiful knitting. Happy Stitching!

Michele said...

Congrats on the new grand baby.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Congratulations!!! Love the teen quilt - I’m sure it will be loved xxx

Debra said...

Hmmm, the arabic above translates to:

"Ideal Cleaning Company is pleased to provide services to its customers in the Eastern Region. Cleaning services for insect control services, cleaning toilets for kitchens and bathrooms"

I used google translate.

Anyway, I'm the Granny Downunder to Diane's Australian Grandsons. They are beautiful boys...of course, what else would I say? :-)The older one is full of smiles, energy and smarts and is a delight to spend time with. The new baby is pretty with beautiful lip shape like his mother and stunning blue eyes.

Thank you Diane for the lovely scarf/shawl. It's so very pretty and the sparkle is terrific. I'll bet you knitting is going great gunsnow that it's colder. The boys cardigans look terrific, H will love the hood. xxx