Saturday 8 September 2018

THE....

… weather forecast for to-day is that we may have some "heavy showers"...



.. mm I would agree! THANKFULLY last Saturday was lovely and sunny .. I say thankfully because my middle brother got married..


it was a lovely day all round x Mum and dad were both well enough to go …


TO-DAY is their 67 th wedding anniversary .. they are not doing too badly .

My lilly's did well..

.. just when I thought they had finished flowering they put out a few more..


not bad for a couple of plants from the "reject" shelf x

I finished the cardigan for my granddaughter..


.. it was only AFTER I looked at the picture I noticed that the sleeves have different amounts of pattern repeats! OH WELL! I am going to call it a design feature .. and it is truly unique!

I was asked to make a cot quilt..




which was a quick and easy project that WAS fun x

I have another granddaughter cardigan one on the go...



HOWEVER it is sitting in its bag having "a rest" … because the latest instalment of the shawl club arrived .. ON THE MORNING OF THE WEDDING! I was very good and did not open the package until the next morning...



I LOVE the colours this month x I like the look of the pattern … however when I read through it I was not so sure... BUT I joined the club to expose me to new stitches and techniques .. which it has done. I decided to have a go with some other wool first .. and I am glad I did. 

The start is an i-cord cast on .. I have never done this before AFTER FOUR attempts I got something I could live with  and I began to do the pattern … 



HOWEVER it was not fun, I was finding I just wasn't happy and did not want to do it ..and I was frustrated by my lack of equal tension …. SO I have undone the work produced so far and have started something else with the beautiful wool for this month. I KNOW I need to practice the stitches needed … and then I will have another go at this months pattern. Crafting should be FUN .. and if its not then put it away and have a go at something else x

The head gardener has been keeping me under control..


.. well mostly!!

Hope you are all having some FUN with your crafting x

Diane x

.. 

6 comments:

Maria said...

You've had a busy time since your last post.
Pleased the weather was good for your brothers wedding and Mum and Dad could go along too. WOW 67 years congrates to them.
LOL that's funny about the pretty cardi pattern but I would not have noticed.
Sweet baby quilt and it's nice to have a quick project.
Good idea to put the new shawl pattern aside, you should enjoy crafting.
Love the photo of the " Head Gardener"

kiwikid said...

Congratulations to your brother! How cute is the head gardener!! She looks happy to be out playing/working in the garden. Both granddaughter cardys look amazing, I would not have noticed that design extra if you hadn't pointed it out. I figure the shawl pattern does not get done if it is a pain, I am with you and Maria, crafting should be fun. So happy to see tour Mum and Dad were well enough for the wedding, congratulations to them too, 67 years is a great milestone.

Janice Smith said...

Your head gardener is adorable!
I’m glad your mom and dad were able to attend the wedding. Congratulations to them . . . 67 years . . . Wow!

The sweater is such a pretty color that I don’t think the head gardener will notice the design element on the sleeve. :-)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

You under control??? Perish the thought! Lovely lilies, sweater and the new wool. . .well, I swooned! Hang in there with the new technique, you will be it figured out. Congrats to the bride and groom and to your folks for 67 years of anniversaries! WOW!!!

mammafairy said...

I like your design feature. It definitely is a point of interest, and I think more should be done like that!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Congratulations to middle brother. I’m in love too . . . With that wool!!!