Saturday 26 May 2018

DID...

.. you get the chance to watch THE (Royal) Wedding? 

I did .. and it was so much fun to get the chance to see Happy news rather than the usual Doom Gloom and Despondency that has become the norm. I know it is not every-ones idea of a "fun" watch .. but it was for me x 

We have had a birthday...



.. mum is now 87 x She had a lovely day with family .. and ate a good portion of the cake (shh! we will just forget the diabetes for one day!! lol x) Someone was a bit fed-up of waiting for the singing of Happy Birthday to end and the cake cutting to begin...


Mum has now finished the latest round of treatment .. I swear if she has much more radiation in her system we will be able to use her to power the lights!! lol x 

The garden has been doing its own thing with out me doing much other than sitting out there ..






..can you see the bees?..



The next week is  going to be "quiet" with NO appointments ! Can you believe it?!! I may just be able to get into the sewing room x 

I sewed the buttons onto my cardigan..



...so now I can wear it closed! lol x

We have had some wonderful sunshine and warm temperatures this last week (or 2 even!!).. however yesterday was cooler and wetter … NOW when you want to water the plants but it is raining … JUST GO OUT IN YOUR COAT...


….and if Grandmas watering can is just too heavy .. an empty milk bottle works just as well x .. lol x There is always a solution !

Hope you have had some crafting time x

Diane x

5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum. What a pretty cake! Your garden is just the right maturity if it will be wonderful and you just need to sit to see it! (Like that REALLY ever happens!!!) I adore your gardener and her problem solving techniques.

Chookyblue...... said...

I agree about the news.....love the wedding....... The clothes, the pomp and ceremony......

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday to your mum to.....

kiwikid said...

Loved the wedding too, always good to see something happy and positive. Happy belated birthday to your Mum, her cake looks wonderful. Good to see the little gardner is busy.

Debra said...

So good to see Marion. I know I have missed her birthday and yours I think. All of you in May June!!😊 Very pretty cake. Winter is upon us here, rain for the last few days which was very welcome and today is bright and sunny and 17°c. Your granddaughter is a peach. I look forward to meeting her next year. 😊