Saturday 9 April 2016

WHEN...

...I was getting ready to retire I heard about long leisurely days where there was TIME to do anything I wanted.. crafting, reading, watching films... reading Blogs .. WELL 2 years on I am CONVINCED I was given the wrong job description! I rarely get to do any of these things !!! lol x

To-day however ...I did xx

Yaaaay x I have been to Marthal for a Quilter Guild Area day xx The speaker was Lizzie Wall.... ejwall.wix.com/ejwall ... I LOVE her work .....she is a funny and inspirational teacher x I have done several of her workshops before.



(that isn't her at the front .. that is Margaret who as our glorious leader for the day xx) To-day we made chickens....

and YES I came home and finished it off xx ....




...OK ... I know it is very small and I think the background is a bit busy.. but it doesn't stop me loving this little wall hanging x

Lizzie says she loves teaching quilters as they are always happy to have a go .. remember my last quote about this? When I posted it I was having a go at learning to do a knit-on/appliqued border...



well... you know what? It was fine once I got going xx lol ...





.. and I had a go at one in double knitting..





.......onto the next challenge xx lol x

...and while I am talking about .. having a go ...my daughter is having a go at Blogging .. so if you have a few minutes free you may want to go over and have a look x .... www.weatherwaxknits.wordpress.com x 

Diane xx

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Your chickens look great! Getting a workshop piece completed so quickly must be a record.

Love the shawls, too. The cold weather is about to start here, and you are almost tempting me to pick up the knitting needles.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the chooks.......ang once again beautiful wraps.....

kiwikid said...

Fantastic chookies!! And your shawls are just beautiful!Well done for having a go!!! Your daughters blog looks interesting too.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your chickens are wonderful! Did you fuse the pieces?--Terry

Ali Honey said...

Amazing and beautiful shawls!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Is it really two years since you retired???? Loving the shawls, and off to stalk your daughter x