Saturday 10 October 2015

SO HAPPY...

... some sewing was done today xx.... oh yes x

I made my October Swap block ..


....not my best BUT there are a lot of HST and points to match!! WHY do some people in swaps do this? ...... another set of swap blocks have been put together ...



.....these were the blocks that Jo made for me in our 6 month swap ... I have partly attached the binding because I wanted to check I had enough of the fabric. NOW  I have to think about the rest of the quilting x

My Zoo Animals B-O-T-M is coming along too...


I need to finish off the binding and the embroidery on the faces of the monkey and the lion then it will be done x

I have also finished another little shawl!! I actually finished it a couple of days ago ... BUT ... I kept looking at it .. and was NOT happy! SO I unpicked the last border ... re-knit an extra pattern of the first border ... AND .. I am now much happier x...


I used this wool ...


.....which is called OWL... (they have a whole lot of these all inspired by different birds x) I used it because my daughter loves owls .. and these are SO her colours x ALSO I am not a lover of garter stitch .. so this style of dying covers up a multitude (!) of sins xx I do feel that the pattern and wool combined look as if there are owls wings in the pattern.


Hope you all had as good a day x

Diane x 

6 comments:

Maria said...

You have been busy Diane. Your swap block looks great.
The blocks from Jo are lovely together and I love those animal blocks..
Pretty shawl ....

SharynB said...

Another lovely shawl! Your animal quilt is looking really good. I am glad that your sewing day worked out!

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope you didn't begin all these block of the month projects on the same month, because if they all finish on the same month, you will have tons of worh to finish.

Debra said...

Great to see you back on your blog and catching up. You are a beautiful knitter Diane. The shawls are lovely. Being a green person I have to admit to liking the green one. I'm sure Sue will love her special one and Sally too.

The zoo quilt blocks are just gorgeous. Well done on all of them.
Cheers
Deb xxx 3 weeks to go...me excited? oh yes :-)

Gina said...

Love the zoo blocks and the rest of the blocks are great too. THe shawl is amazing. I love how the colours change in it

kiwikid said...

Love the shawl and the name of the wool.. very appropriate!! The zoo animals are looking great and the swap blocks too..