Saturday 25 April 2015

IN COMMON WITH MANY OF YOU...

... (and I am sure you have all noticed!) I LOVE quilting in all its many forms ... and today I have been indulging that love from an academic point of view. Last year a friend told me all about going to Chester for a wonderful day devoted to textiles and quilts .... and that it would be repeated ... or something similar organised in 2015... WELL .. 9 of us bought tickets and TODAY.... off we went to Chester University for ...


WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY ... sometimes we have to be reminded that there are "other" ways to look at textiles and quilts x I am not sure if you can read my (rather crumpled) programme..


but the topics included .. painting with stitches... conserving quilts... a talk from a lady from the V+A (Victoria and Albert museum) .. she was a bit dry but still interesting .. a show and tell from Pat Salt .. wonderful and a show and tell about a quilt to celebrate the university's 175 th anniversary... there was a small display of quilts ... and a WONDERFUL lunch xx with on tap drinks... all day ..





my pictures are not wonderful .. but hopefully give you an idea of the sights xx I was too busy taking part!! lol x It has proved to be a success once more and they are already planning the 2016 programme .. mmm pretty sure I will be going back xx

I managed to buy a kit .. not saying I am going to make it .. but seriously tempted xx



All that concentrating has worn me out .. so off to put my feet up ... and .. you guessed it .. have a brew xx

OH! And before I go look what was waiting for me when I got home ..


quilters are soo clever and kind xx I LOVE being part of this community x

Diane x

7 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Founds like a fan day! So glad the package arrived xxxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

*fab*!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds like the perfect day out! I love Annual events! Maybe you'll get to that kit yet!

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will make that kit...especially if I nag from here to see it finished!!! Sounds like you had a great day....it would be interesting to look at quilts from another perspective.

kiwikid said...

I forgot to say what a pretty bag!

Julie Fukuda said...

Nothing like something quilt related to share with friends ... and even to look forward to.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

ohh that sounds so interesting! Let me know if they have one next year and I will try and come!