Thursday 13 July 2017

WHEN....

..... sitting in waiting rooms .. it can get VERY boring x YES, you take "stuff" to do that keeps it at bay, BUT, sometimes you just have to give in and read the magazines that someone else has used and left behind for the rest of us x lol x

On (more than ....!!) one occasion I did this and one time read an article that said .. DONOT throw away the resources in your kitchen .. plant them! 

A couple of days later I was cutting up a pepper..


.. yes a yellow one .. and thought .. mm why not ? So instead of throwing away the seeds .. I planted them. NOTHING happened for quite a while ....but I left the pot alone ... and then  tiny little shoots began to pop through ..... now I have....


SUCH FUN xx

The same article stated that a tomato could be cut in half and planted .... NOTHING else.. just leave it alone (well water it occasionally ... but that's it !!!!!!!!!!) WHAT!!? 

Well I had one that was going all wrinkled ... so again ... why not?  NOW...


YUP! That's my free tomato plantation xx  lol

I am not a threat to any serious.. or not so serious.. growers, but, its fun ...  at no extra cost .. and, sort of free x I may never get fruits from them but, again.. it  has been FUN xx

Diane x

9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

When my son was young, he was always saying, "I wonder what we would get if we planted this...." Yes, lots of things went into pots and the ground. Of course, by the time they came up into something identifiable, we were wondering how it got there! Good for you. At least you remember planting it.

loulee said...

We grow a lot of veg from seed here Diane, often from seeds I have saved in the kitchen. It is very rewarding. Good luck with future growing adventures.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How fun to plant 'leftover' seeds and see what happens! Getting fruit will be a super fun bonus!

kiwikid said...

Congratulations you green finger you!!! Lovely to get the little plants. We get little plants in the compost sometimes, one little tomato plant has popped up in the vege garden, I hope it survives the winter. Fingers crossed you get fruit. xx

Lorraine said...

Hello Diane,
I was in the process of catching up around blog-land when I read the post about your dear Mum, I was so sorry to hear the news but at least you seem to have 'survived the worst'. My darling Mum too has been having problems though nowhere near as serious as yours. But at last you are posting again and growing things too, it does sound like fun, I may have to give it a go, though my fingers are not that -green.

Take care
Lx

mammafairy said...

I do hope you get some edible peppers! Not a thing I have had great success with, but tomatoes are easier, I think!

xx

Blair said...

Mother in law dearest

It time to update the blog again

Mandy Currie said...

Hello Diane, I recently discovered your blog and have started to read it from the beginning. It's like a good novel. Don't give up on blogging please, it has been such a good read. I embroider, quilt and crazy quilt, crochet and knit a little, nothing like your beautiful art works. You have been such an inspiration to me, I've been housebound for quite a while and your blog is one that has kept me going and makes me stitch. I hope there is more good news for your Mum. Keep smiling. Regards Mandy

http://thankfullga447 said...

I was hoping to hear from you - miss you. Alfie is busy with his #1 CD, I have the new one it is so good. gasuski@mac.com