Friday 10 March 2017

SPRING...

.. is finally coming to our little corner of the world . Nature is soooo wonderful x .....despite storms , cold and all the rest ...the flowers and the blossom show us how to hope xx

These trees are on the walk that I take most days with the dogs...



... it has been wonderful to see the blossom develop x

These...



.. are flowers (mostly crocus) that were originally planted, in a park close to my home ,by local school children .. many years ago x They have gradually expanded and moved along and down the slope x Beautiful.

The warmer/nicer weather has inspired me to move from the thicker wools and a 4ply shawl was made...





.....my grandson informs me that I  am "in" as these are colours of a Harry Potter house .. Gryffindor it would seem!... well I never ... I just liked the colour combination xx lol x I added some beads to the lacy border to add a little bling.

Have a good week x

Diane x

7 comments:

Ali Honey said...

I love garments made with 4ply wool and knitting it. I prefer the result it gives rather than thicker wools. Takes longer I know but ends up snugglier.
We are having rain, rain, rain down here.

Julie Fukuda said...

So, now Harry Potter is the top fashion designer.....
Our spring is now in an on-again, off again mode. A challenge when picking clothing for the say ... so a shawl is a good choice.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Too funny about the Harry Potter colors! Your shawl is beautiful. Your trees and crocus are ahead of ours. I love the blooming trees. . .especially flowering cherry and apple trees.

kiwikid said...

Locely to see the spring coming, flowers that happily multiply away are the best!! An I ther beautiful shawl, that lace work is amazing Diane. Love your grandsons comment.

Janice Smith said...

I'll look again at these pretty spring photos tomorrow when we in New England are buried in 12 to 18 inches of new snow. :-)

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The shawl is beautiful! Hello from Texas with blue skies and 27 degrees and a swimming pool just "there"! Xxx

Janet said...

The new shawl is a beauty!! And so "in"! :) It is lovely to see your spring blooms. We are very far away from having any flowers here. First two swans of spring were sighted this morning though.